Tuesday, January 17, 2012

mmmmm, cake!

So, I signed up to make a dessert for our spouse's group for their Dessert of the Month Club.  Sounds easy!  I decided early on that I was going to make my Butterfinger cake because it IS so easy.  I had everything bought for it...cake mix (check), disposable pans (check).  Now, if I could only remember to contact someone so they could remind me...again...what it was that I was supposed to do.  Make the dessert, then what???  Luckily, Lisa (the wonderful president of our group) knows me and knows that I need gentle reminders threats pushes in the right direction.  Not sure if it's the age or what but I can not remember a lot of...wait, where was I??


Got the email on Wednesday and told her that I had it under control.  The winner of the Dessert Basket would be chowing down by Friday.  Too bad my friends stomach bug and migraine did not get the memo.  Both boys were home from school with a bug and I had the migraine to end all headaches.  To top it all off, Chip was out of town.  Fine, it'll just have to wait.  So, wait it did until today.  Thought I'd share the recipe with you all just because.  



Butterfinger Cake
1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 jar of caramel ice cream topping (12.25oz)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 container Cool-Whip (12oz)
1 regular size or 3 fun size Butterfinger bars

Make cake according to directions on box.  While the cake is in the last 5 minutes of baking, mix together caramel and sweetened condensed milk in a medium bowl, place to the side.  Take cake from oven and immediately poke holes all over the top (I find that a chopstick works well for this).  Slowly pour your caramel mix over the top of the 'holey' cake.  Let cool completely.  When cake has cooled completely, spread Cool-Whip over the top (most, if not all of the liquid should have been absorbed by the cake).  Take your Butterfinger(s) and crush.  Sprinkle broken bits over the top and serve.  Keep refrigerated. Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment